Saturday, November 1, 2008

halloween in cusco

Halloween was a surprisingly FABULOUS holiday here in Cusco. 

First off, little Peruvian kids in Spiderman and bunny costumes walk around to neighborhood stores, pharmacies and markets (instead of homes, as everyone lives in apartments) and say, "HALLOWEEN" ("trick or treat" just doesn't translate, I guess.) 

Second, there was SO much to do, in terms of nightlife.  I have never seen the streets here so crazy in the wee hours of the morning.

Our night began at Fallen Angel, a bar/club owned by Barbie, a very gay (and very fabulous) Peruvian man.  Then we headed over to San Blues, a bar owned by some Peruvian friends of ours.  The final hurrah was at Roots, a hugely popular club here where we danced until 5am.  I dragged myself home (literally dragged, as my costume had mostly unraveled).


Fallen Angel
Me (mummy) and Alex (sexy kitten).
Look at that outfit!  It took me SO long and kept unraveling as I danced.
One of the models/dancers at Fallen Angel.
A little freaky.
Dancing the night away!
I even got to dance with one of the hot, hot hot gay transvestites!
He/she was fabulous.
Me and my friend, Omar (known last night as "Pegasus").
BARBIE.
SO SWEET.
Barbie fed people jello shots in the most creative ways.
These men are having a good time.
Elmo turned out to be Stefano, our dear 47-year old Italian friend!
Stefano giving Alex a little love.

No comments: