Sunday, December 21, 2008

goodbye cuzco, hello lima

From the window of the plane, as I flew out of Cuzco...

I had a 7 hour layover in Lima before my flight to LA, so I decided to take a cab and explore Lima a bit.  This shot is from the taxi after leaving the airport.
Lots of Chevy's in Lima.  Very different from Cuzco.
Oh, and SO MUCH TRAFFIC.
Cool picture of the autopista ("highway") from the cab.
The cab driver introduced himself as "Miguel...Miguelito!"  He was a 50 year old man and calls himself (loosely translated) "Little Mike."  He was awesome, and basically ended up driving me around Lima for almost 4 hours.

Downtown Lima.
Loads of lights for Christmas...


The main plaza with some Christmas lights...



A SHERATON!  
Getting closer to home already...
Some sweet water spouts/fountains...
...we definitely aren't in Cuzco anymore...
The ocean...
looking out over Arco del Mar.
I ended up eating ceviche and drinking my last Cusqueñan beers at the tip of that lighted peninsula!

No comments: